> Health & Safety Alerts
> Links to Community
> MUI Hotline & FAQs
> Ohioan Bill of Rights
> Referral Information
> Stark DD Staff
|| Eligibility Information
Persons with a Developmental Disability may be eligible to receive services through Stark DD. To be eligible to receive services, an individual must provide:
• Proof of residency in Stark County
• Birth certificate or other proof of age
• Evaluations showing the disability occurred before age 22
Children younger than age three that is at risk for developmental delays are eligible for the Early Intervention component of the Early Childhood Program. Developmental delays must be documented in one or more of the following areas:
• Motor Skills
Children ages three to six may be eligible for preschool programs if they:
• Are under six years of age on the 30th day of September
• Have disabilities as defined by a current Multi-Factored Evaluation provided by the child’s local school district of residence
Students ages 6-22 must have evaluation data provided by the school district of residence. All county boards of DD in Ohio establish eligibility through the results of the Children’s Ohio Eligibility Determination Instrument or COEDI.
Adults ages 16 and older can enter the Stark DD program in two different ways:
• Students, ages 16-22, may be referred through the school district’s Individual Education Plan (IEP)
• Adults not referred by a school district must meet the criteria established by the Ohio Eligibility Determination Instrument (OEDI) and must provide documentation that shows the developmental disability occurred before the age of 22.
For more information regarding eligibility, please call (330) 479-3580.