Med Cert 2: Adm of Food & Medications via G/J Tube – Continuing Education
Friday, Jun 4, 2021
8:30am – 9:30am
Course Title: DODD Administration of Food and Prescribed Medication Per Stable Labeled Gastrostomy Tube and Stable Labeled Jejunostomy Tube – Continuing Education Course Date/Time: Course to be presented over 1 hour 8:30A-9:30A Instructor(s): Cynthia Swanson, RN Course Description: The purpose of the DODD Medication Certification Category 2 Continuing Education course is to meet the annual 1 hour education requirement necessary to renew Medication Certification 2. “Enteral Feedings and Medications” content will discuss the purpose and placement of G/J feeding tubes, identified typles of tubes that may be encountered, review administration techniques, responses to complications/emergency situations, and site care. Criteria or Successful completion of this course
- Attends class in entirety
- Participate in all class activities
- Successfully perform return demonstrations of G/J tube feedings and enteral medication administration.
- Submit an evaluation of course
- Current DODD Medication Certification 1
- Medication Certification 2 that is not beyond 60 calendar days of expiration
- Application verifies applicant in employed by an agency provider or is an independent provider
- Is at least 18 years of age, has a high school diploma/GED; completed criminal background checks without offenses.
- DODD application must be submitted to Nurse Educator at least 5 days prior to class.
- Copy of high school diploma or GED must be submitted with application
- Agency representative must complete page one of application
- Page two must be completed by student.
Event LocationStark County Board of DD- Whipple Dale Center
2950 Whipple Ave NW
Canton, Ohio, 44708