DODD Medication Administration 1 (Initial)
Monday, Jan 24, 2022 – Wednesday, Jan 26, 2022
8:00am – 3:30pm
Registration opens 60 days before the first day of class.
Instructor(s): Cynthia Swanson, RN
Course Description: The purpose of the DODD Medication Certification Category 1 course is to teach unlicensed DD personnel to administer medication and perform specifically identified health related activities. Unlicensed DD personnel will receive certification to prepare, administer and document prescribed medications and health related activities in the DD settings.
Criteria for Successful Completion of Course
- Attend class in entirety
- Participate in all class activities
- Successfully perform return demonstrations of all routes of medications and health related activities taught
- Pass a closed book test with an 80% or better
- Submit an evaluation of course
- DODD application must be submitted to Nurse Educator at least 5 days prior to class.
- Must be a least 18 years of age
- Hold a high school diploma or GED
- Be able to read, write and understand English
- Criminal Background checks without offenses
- Currently employed by a provider or be an independent provider within Stark County
*DODD application must be submitted to Nurse Educator a week prior to class.
**Nurse Educator will contact you via email to confirm your reservation for class after receipt of your completed DODD application.
***You will not be allowed to attend class if your application is not received in advance.
Agency representative must complete page one of application and page two must be completed by student. Copy of high school diploma or GED must be submitted with application. Access Application for Personnel to Attend the DODD Medication Administration (MA) Certification Course by clicking here: Provider Forms Print the application, sign and scan to firstname.lastname@example.org
Event LocationStark County Board of DD- Whipple Dale Center
2950 Whipple Ave NW
Canton, Ohio, 44708