Med Cert 3: Insulin Injection & Metabolic Glycemic Disorder Injections
Friday, Jan 28, 2022
8:00am – 12:00pm
Registration opens 60 days before date of class.
Instructor(s) : Cynthia Swanson, RN
Course Description: This course is to provide DD personnel the education basis to receive nursing delegation in the care and treatment of individuals with diabetes mellitus, including the administration of subcutaneous insulin, commercially packaged Glucagon and administering injectable treatments for metabolic glycemic disorders.
Criteria for Successful completion of this course:
- Must attend the entire course
- participate in all class activities
- successfully perform return demonstration of all procedures taught
- pass a closed book test with an 80% or better
- Maintain DODD Certification 1
- understand that medication certification 3 staff are unable to administer insulin/Metabolic Glycemic Disorder injections or Glucagon without nurse delegation
- DODD application must be submitted to Nurse Educator at least 5 days prior to class
- Agency representative must complete page one of application
- Student must complete page two of application
- Copy of high school diploma or GED must be submitted with application.
- Must be employed by a Stark County DODD agency or be an independent provider located in Stark County.
*DODD application must be submitted to Nurse Educator a week prior to class.
**Nurse Educator will contact you via email to confirm your reservation for class after receipt of your completed DODD application.
***You will not be allowed to attend class if your application is not received in advance.
Agency representative must complete page one of application and page two must be completed by student. Copy of high school diploma or GED must be submitted with application. Access Application for Personnel to Attend the DODD Medication Administration (MA) Certification Course by clicking here: Provider Forms Print the application, sign and scan to firstname.lastname@example.org
Event LocationStark County Board of DD- Whipple Dale Center
2950 Whipple Ave NW
Canton, Ohio, 44708