Med Cert 2: Adm of Food & Medications via G/J Tube
Thursday, Aug 25, 2022
8:00am – 12:00pm
Course Title: DODD Administration of Food and Prescribed Medication Per Stable Labeled Gastrostomy Tube and Stable Labeled Jejunostomy Tube.
Course Date/Time: Course to be presented over 4 hours 8:00A-12:00P
Instructor(s): Cynthia Swanson, RN
Course Description: The purpose of the DODD Medication Certification Category 2 course is to teach unlicensed DD personnel to administer medications via a G-Tube or J-Tube. Unlicensed DD staff will receive certification to administer G Tube/J Tube medications to the individual under the direction of a licensed nurse.
Criteria or Successful completion of this course
- Must attend the entire course
- Participate in all class activities
- Successfully perform return demonstration of all procedures taught
- Pass a closed book test with an 80% or better
- Maintain DODD Certification 1
- Understand that Medication certification 2 staff are unable to administer nutrition, fluids or medications via a G/J tube without nurse delegation
- DODD application must be submitted to Nurse Educator and staff will not be considered for class until application is received. (See below for link to application)
- Copy of high school diploma or GED must be submitted with application
- Agency representative must complete page one of application
- Page two must be completed by student.
- Currently employed by a provider or be an independent provider within Stark County
Once your application is received and accepted you will receive confirmation and instructions via email.
You will receive an additional email one week prior to class asking you to confirm attendance. If the nurse educator does not receive confirmation staff will be removed from the roster.
If a staff member is a “no show” or cancels, the application will be destroyed to protect applicant privacy and a new application will need to be submitted for future classes.
Please communicate with the nurse educator via email at email@example.com.
You can find the form, Personnel to Attend the DODD Medication Administration (MA) Certification Course, by clicking here: Provider Forms
Submit the application by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or in person/snail mail to:
Stark County Board of DD
Attn: Cindy Swanson
2950 Whipple Ave NW
Canton, Ohio 44708
Agency representative must complete page one of application and page two must be completed by student. Copy of high school diploma or GED must be submitted with application.
Event LocationStark County Board of DD- Whipple Dale Center
2950 Whipple Ave NW
Canton, Ohio, 44708