DODD Medication Administration 1 (Initial)
Monday, Nov 14, 2022 – Wednesday, Nov 16, 2022
8:00am – 3:30pm
Course Title: DODD Medication Certification Category 1
Course Date/Times: Course to be presented over a 3-day span 8:00AM-3:30PM
Instructor(s): Cynthia Swanson, RN
Course Description: The purpose of the DODD Medication Certification Category 1 course is to teach unlicensed DD personnel to administer medication and perform specifically identified health related activities. Unlicensed DD personnel will receive certification to prepare, administer and document prescribed medications and health related activities in the DD settings.
Criteria for Successful Completion of Course
- Attend class in entirety
- Participate in all class activities
- Successfully perform return demonstrations of all routes of medications and health related activities taught
- Pass a closed book test with an 80% or better
- Submit an evaluation of course
- DODD application must be submitted to Nurse Educator and staff will not be considered for class until application is received. (See below for link to application)
- Must be a least 18 years of age
- Hold a high school diploma or GED
- Be able to read, write and understand English
- Criminal Background checks without offenses
- Currently employed by a provider or be an independent provider within Stark County
Once your application is received and accepted you will receive confirmation and instructions via email.
You will receive an additional email one week prior to class asking you to confirm attendance. If the nurse educator does not receive confirmation staff will be removed from the roster.
If a staff member is a “no show” or cancels, the application will be destroyed to protect applicant privacy and a new application will need to be submitted for future classes.
Please communicate with the nurse educator via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can find the form, Personnel to Attend the DODD Medication Administration (MA) Certification Course, by clicking here: Provider Forms
Submit the application by email to email@example.com or in person/snail mail to:
Stark County Board of DD
Attn: Cindy Swanson
2950 Whipple Ave NW
Canton, Ohio 44708
Agency representative must complete page one of application and page two must be completed by student. Copy of high school diploma or GED must be submitted with application.
Event LocationStark County Board of DD- Whipple Dale Center
2950 Whipple Ave NW
Canton, Ohio, 44708