DODD Medication Administration 1 – Continuing Education Course
Thursday, Aug 11, 2022
8:30am – 10:30am
Course Title: DODD Medication Certification Category 1 Continuing Education Course
Date/Times: Course to be presented over 2 hours 8:30AM-10:30AM Scheduled to meet provider needs if possible
Instructor(s): Cynthia Swanson, RN
Course Description: The purpose of the DODD Medication Certification Category 1 Continuing Education class is to meet the need of the annual 2 hour education requirement necessary to renew Medication Certification 1. Presentations vary according to provider need.
Criteria for Successful Completion of Course
- Attend class in entirety
- Participate in all class activities
- Successfully perform return demonstrations of all routes of medications and health related activities that the medication certified staff is presently performing
- Submit an evaluation of course
- DODD application must be submitted to Nurse Educator and staff will not be considered for class until application is received. (See below for link to application)
- Medication Certification 1 that is not beyond 60 calendar days of expiration
- Completed DODD application which verifies that applicant is employed by an agency provider or is an independent provider, is at least 18 years of age, has a high school diploma/GED, completed criminal background checks without offenses
- Currently employed by a provider or be an independent provider within Stark County
Once your application is received and accepted you will receive confirmation and instructions via email.
You will receive an additional email one week prior to class asking you to confirm attendance. If the nurse educator does not receive confirmation staff will be removed from the roster.
If a staff member is a “no show” or cancels, the application will be destroyed to protect applicant privacy and a new application will need to be submitted for future classes.
Please communicate with the nurse educator via email at email@example.com.
You can find the form, Personnel to Attend the DODD Medication Administration (MA) Certification Course, by clicking here: Provider Forms
Submit the application by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or in person/snail mail to:
Stark County Board of DD
Attn: Cindy Swanson
2950 Whipple Ave NW
Canton, Ohio 44708
Agency representative must complete page one of application and page two must be completed by student. Copy of high school diploma or GED must be submitted with application.
Event LocationStark County Board of DD- Whipple Dale Center
2950 Whipple Ave NW
Canton, Ohio, 44708