Med Cert 2: CE – Adm of Food & Medications via G/J Tube – Continuing Education
Wednesday, Sep 7, 2022
8:30am – 9:30am
Course Title: DODD Administration of Food and Prescribed Medication Per Stable Labeled Gastrostomy Tube and Stable Labeled Jejunostomy Tube – Continuing Education
Course Date/Time: Course to be presented over 1 hour 8:30A-9:30A
Instructor(s): Cynthia Swanson, RN
Course Description: The purpose of the DODD Medication Certification Category 2 Continuing Education course is to meet the annual 1 hour education requirement necessary to renew Medication Certification 2. “Enteral Feedings and Medications” content will discuss the purpose and placement of G/J feeding tubes, identified types of tubes that may be encountered, review administration techniques, responses to complications/emergency situations, and site care.
Criteria or Successful completion of this course
- Attends class in entirety
- Participate in all class activities
- Successfully perform return demonstrations of G/J tube feedings and enteral medication administration.
- Submit an evaluation of course
- Current DODD Medication Certification 1
- Medication Certification 2 that is not beyond 60 calendar days of expiration
- Application verifies applicant in employed by an agency provider or is an independent provider
- Is at least 18 years of age, has a high school diploma/GED; completed criminal background checks without offenses.
- DODD application must be submitted to Nurse Educator at least 5 days prior to class.
- Copy of high school diploma or GED must be submitted with application
- Agency representative must complete page one of application
- Page two must be completed by student.
- Currently employed by a provider or be an independent provider within Stark County
Once your application is received and accepted you will receive confirmation and instructions via email.
You will receive an additional email one week prior to class asking you to confirm attendance. If the nurse educator does not receive confirmation staff will be removed from the roster.
If a staff member is a “no show” or cancels, the application will be destroyed to protect applicant privacy and a new application will need to be submitted for future classes.
Please communicate with the nurse educator via email at email@example.com.
You can find the form, Personnel to Attend the DODD Medication Administration (MA) Certification Course, by clicking here: Provider Forms
Submit the application by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or in person/snail mail to:
Stark County Board of DD
Attn: Cindy Swanson
2950 Whipple Ave NW
Canton, Ohio 44708
Agency representative must complete page one of application and page two must be completed by student. Copy of high school diploma or GED must be submitted with application.
Event LocationStark County Board of DD- Whipple Dale Center
2950 Whipple Ave NW
Canton, Ohio, 44708